On Thursday, September 12, 2013 Champaign County Health Care Consumers (CCHCC) and the Health Care Access Task Force held a Community Meeting on the Health Insurance Marketplace.
The health care law (Affordable Care Act) expands health insurance coverage to millions of Americans, starting January 1, 2014.The law creates the Health Insurance Marketplace — a new way for individuals, families, and small business to get affordable health insurance.Open Enrollment for the Health Insurance Marketplace begins October 1, 2013. In Champaign County alone, we are expecting that at least 15,000 residents will be eligible for Medicaid through the Marketplace.
At the Community Meeting we discussed:
- Types of health insurance offered through the Marketplace
- Financial assistance available to make health insurance affordable
- Essential health benefits covered by plans offered in the Marketplace
- How you can get ready for The Marketplace Open Enrollment
Check out these materials we gave out at the Community Meeting to help you get ready!
- What You Need to Know About the Health Insurance Marketplace (pdf)
- The Health Care Law And You: Get Ready for the Marketplace Open Enrollment
Thank you to the following event co-sponsors:Avicenna Community Health Center, Barham Benefit Group, Carle Foundation, Channing Murray Foundation, Citizen Action/IL, Common Ground Food Cooperative,Illinois Disciples Foundation, Promise Health Care, the University Y, Urbana Acupuncture, and Wesley United Methodist Church’s Social Action Ministry.
The meeting was such a success that we have scheduled another one!
Mark your calendars!
Health Insurance Marketplace Community Meeting #2
Saturday, November 2
11:00a.m. – 1:00 p.m
Champaign Public Library
200 W. Green St., Champaign
Free parking and near CU-MTD bus lines
Refreshments will be provided!