On Monday, June 8, 2009, the 5th and Hill Neighborhood Rights Campaign is organized an Open House and Rally for the community to come hear the truth about toxic waste in the 5th and Hill neighborhood. The event was a huge success, with nearly 75 residents and community members in attendance.
At the Neighborhood Open House we provided:
• Real and honest information
• Maps and reports of neighborhood contamination that Ameren and the IL EPA won’t show you
• Fact sheets, petitions for you to sign, and yard signs to put in front of your house
• Residents speaking out and telling their story of living with toxic waste
• A safer location with less of a threat of toxic exposure
• FREE FOOD AND DRINKS!