CCHCC celebrated 38 years of organizing for health care access and justice at our 2015 Annual Awards Dinner on Friday, April 10, 2015. With one hundred eighty people in attendance,the Dinner was a great success and a wonderful time!
As part of the Dinner,CCHCC honored volunteers, community leaders, and organizations that have been instrumental in advancing health care access and justice, civil rights,and environmental justice.
Champaign County Health Care Consumers 2015 Award Recipients
Henrietta De Boer Volunteer of the Year Award
- Cassandra Brown
- Simone Gewirth
Aimee Olson Advocate of the Year Award
- Bela Shah
- Michael Cox
Elsie Field Health Care Provider Award
- Complete Care Pharmacy
Harry J. Baker Community Service Award
- Community Elements / Sheila Ferguson
- Champaign County Sheriff”s Office/ Allen Jones
Lester Pritchard Citizen Leadership Award
- DeWitt County government and citizen leaders fighting to protect the Mahomet Aquifer: David E. Holt, Terry Hoffman, Sherrie Brown, George Wissmiller, Bill Spencer, Steve and Nancy Bridges.
Golden Bedpan Dis-service Award
- PDC/AREA Disposal
- Runner up: Illinois Governor Rauner; lost by 12 votes (708 to 696)
View the closing remarks from CCHCC”s Executive Director, Claudia Lennhoff. You can also download the pdf of her presentation.
Thank you Carle Foundation Hospital, Presence Covenant Medical Center, Ruth E. Wyman Law Office, and Molina Healthcare for sponsoring the Harry J. Baker tables at the2015 Dinner and helping low-income consumers to be able to attend the Dinner!
A special thank you to:
- Morgan Powell,Dorothy Martirano, Mike Miller, Armand Beaudoin, and Gary Peyton for their wonderful jazz music;
- Jeff Machota for the Adbook design and layout, and for videos;
- Jen Tayabji for the slideshow of the year-in-review;
- Simone Gewirth for the event photography;
- And Hawthorn Suite for their hospitality and service.
CCHCC extends a special thanks to all of the 2015 Adbook supporters!
- The Eye Center
- Health Alliance
- Molina Healthcare
- AFL-CIO of Champaign County
- AFSCME Council 31
- AFSCME Retirees Subchapter 88
- Analog Outfitters, Inc.
- Avicenna Community Health Center
- Bank Champaign
- Barb Pritchard
- Barham Benefit Group
- Birch Tree Counseling
- Black Dog Smoke & Ale House
- Busey Bank
- C-U Public Health District
- CCHCC Board
- CCHCC Enrollment Services
- Champaign Urbana Tenant Union
- Common Ground Food Co-op
- Community Choices
- Community Elements
- Complete Care Pharmacy
- Daily Bread Soup Kitchen
- East Central Illinois Area Agency on Aging
- Esquire Lounge
- Graduate Employees Organization
- Great Harvest Bread Co.
- Hawthorn Suites
- Health & Medicine Policy Research Group
- Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence
- Investment Property Advisors, LLC
- Jeffrey D Frerichs, DDS
- Jenny Putman
- Kevin Elliott, MA, LCPC
- Lincoln Building
- Lights’ Prosthetic Eyes, Inc.
- Martin, Hood, Friese & Associates, LLC
- PNC Bank
- Prairie Center
- Progressive Asset Management Group
- Promise Healthcare
- Ruth E. Wyman Law Office
- Sharon Irish/Mean Lids
- Spiro’s Law
- Spritz Jewelers
- State Representative Carol Ammons
- Susan Olson/Bangs
- The Pavilion
- University YMCA
- Vietnam Veterans Against the War
Thank you for your support! And mark you calendars – the 2016 Annual Awards Dinner will be held on Friday, April 15, 2016.