Champaign County Health Care Consumers (CCHCC) celebrated 40 years of organizing for health care access and justice at our 2017 Annual Awards Dinner on Friday, April 28, 2017. This year marks CCHCC’s 40th Anniversary (1977 – 2017) of community organizing for health care access and justice! With nearly 200 people in attendance, the Dinner was a great success and a wonderful time.
As part of the Dinner, CCHCC honored volunteers, community leaders, and organizations thathave been instrumental in advancing health care access and justice, civil rights,and environmental justice.
Watch our 40th Anniversary and 2017 Year-In-Review slideshow.
Download our 2017 Adbook Dinner Program (pdf).
Champaign County Health Care Consumers 2017 Award Recipients
Lifetime Achievement Award
Sadly, this award was given posthumously. However, the CCHCC Board of Directors had enthusiastically selected Mr. Carter – a long-standing CCHCC Board Member – to receive this award prior to his passing.
Henrietta De Boer Volunteer of the Year Award
The Illinois Disciples Foundation Movement Building Award
Robert G. Kirchner Legal Justice Award
Sargent Shriver National Center on Poverty Law
Legislative Leadership Award
Illinois State Senator Scott M.Bennett – 52nd District
Illinois State Representative Carol Ammons – 103rd District
Golden Bedpan Dis-service Award
- Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (310 votes)
- Runner up: President Donald J. Trump (149 votes)
Claudia says farewell to CCHCC staff member, Jen Tayabji.
View the closing remarks from CCHCC’s Executive Director, Claudia Lennhoff.
You can also download the pdf of her presentation.
Thank you to Carle Foundation Hospital, Illinois State Senator Scott M. Bennett- 52nd District, Julian and Arlene Rappaport, Ruth E. Wyman Law Office LLC, and Molina Healthcare for sponsoring the Harry J. Baker, Henrietta De Boer, David LeRoy Anderson, and Mary Louise White honorary tables at the 2017 Dinner and helping low-income consumers to be able to attend the Dinner!
A special thank you to:
- Jeff Helgesen, Mike Miller, and Andrew Walits for their wonderful jazz music;
- Jeff Machota for the Adbook design and layout, and for videos;
- Jen Tayabji for the 40th anniversary and year-in-review slideshow;
- Sam Logan Photography for the event photography;
- And Hawthorn Suite for their hospitality and service.
CCHCC extends a special thanks to all of the 2017Adbook supporters!
- Carle Foundation Hospital
- AFSCME Council 31
- Health Alliance
- Lincoln Building
- Henson Disposal
- Molina Healthcare of Illinois
- The Eye Center
- AFL-CIO of Champaign County
- AFSCME Retirees Subchapter 88
- Age Options
- At Ease Body Therapies
- Avicenna Community Health Center
- Bank Champaign
- Barb Pritchard
- Barham Benefit Group
- Birch Tree Counseling, LLC
- Blue Moon Farm
- Busey Bank
- Campus Faculty Association
- Central Illinois Jobs with Justice
- Champaign County Christian Health Center
- Champaign Urbana Public Health District
- Champaign Urbana Tenant Union
- Common Ground Food Cooperative
- Community Choices
- Complete Care Pharmacy
- Daily Bread Soup Kitchen
- El Oasis
- Esquire Lounge
- EverThrive Illinois
- Graduate Employees Organization
- Habitat for Humanity Re-Store
- Hawthorn Suites
- Health and Medicine Policy Research Group
- Heel 2 Toe
- Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence
- Investment Property Advisors
- Jeffrey D. Frerichs DDS
- Jenny Putman
- Martin, Hood, Friese, & Associates
- Piato Catering
- Prairie Center
- Presence Covenant Medical Center
- Promise Healthcare
- Ruth E. Wyman Law Office
- Share Power Responsible Investing, Inc.
- Sharon Irish / Mean Lids
- Spritz Jewelers
- State Representative Carol Ammons
- Sue Keller Counseling, LLC
- The Pavilion
- University YMCA
- Vietnam Veterans Against the War