If you need help paying a medical bill, or are not able to get access to affordable healthcare, you may be eligible for financial assistance at Carle or OSF Heart of Mary. Community Health Workers can help complete these applications.
The Carle Community Care Discount Program
- Individuals whose annual household incomes is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Line are eligible for a 100% discount, and people with higher incomes can receive discounts on a sliding scale.
- Discounts can cover past bills (there is no “look-back” period), even those that have been sent to collection agencies.
- Discounts apply to all medically necessary hospital and clinic bills, but do not cover oral surgery or prescription medications.
- Discounts are given for one year, and an individual can reapply each year to renew their application.
- Both insured and uninsured people are eligible.
Individuals whose annual household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Line are eligible for a 100% discount, and people with higher incomes can receive discounts on a sliding scale.
- Discounts are given for 1 year after an application has been approved and can be renewed each year.
- Both uninsured and insured people are eligible.