March 19, 2021
Many Champaign County residents are struggling financially, as well as struggling to get information that they need to help them get vaccinated, and/or to help them get their stimulus payments. CCHCC is here to help!
You can help our community members by sharing this information! Below are the resources and updates CCHCC wants to share with you.
Rental Assistance in Champaign County
Champaign County’s Regional Planning Commission is offering help to individuals and families who have past due rent, water, power, and sewer bills!
To get help, please visit the RPC’s website.
For rent assistance, you can also see the online application form here.
Eligibility guidelines for rent assistance through RPC are as follows:
1. Applicant must reside within Champaign County.
2. Applicant must have a verifiable source of recurring income.
3. Applicant’s rent can NOT exceed half of their household monthly gross income, unless they receive a fixed income as their only source.
4. Applicant must have a verifiable, temporary, cause of hardship beyond their control.
5. Applicant household income must be at or under 200% of the federal poverty guideline (for a single individual, that would be a monthly income of $2,127 or less; for a couple, that would be a monthly income of $2,873 or less, for example).
6. Applicant has not received rent assistance from a program partner (Champaign County Regional Planning Commission, City of Champaign Township, nor Cunningham Township) in the past 2 years.
7. The amount of the assistance is based on household need but is generally the equivalent of one month of rent.
Still need to get vaccinated? Here is some information and some resources!
Currently, Champaign County residents who are age 16 and older, with underlying health conditions, are eligible to get vaccinated. If you are overweight/obese, this is considered an underlying health condition, and you are eligible to get your vaccines. If you are a smoker, or were a smoker, this is also considered an underlying health condition, and you are eligible to get your vaccinations, as well.
There are a number of resources you can use to find out about scheduling your vaccinations:
• Champaign-Urbana Public Health District has information on their website, which you can find here.
• Carle vaccination information can be found here.
• A vaccine finder website that works very well and includes area pharmacies.
Stimulus payment (Economic Impact Payment) information.
Many people have already received their $1,400 Economic Impact Payments (also known as “stimulus payments”) through direct deposit into their bank accounts. But there are many people who are still waiting to receive their funds.
There can be a variety of reasons that people have not received their funds yet. One of the most important things to know is that if you have not filed a tax return for 2019 or 2020, you might need to take some extra steps to receive your Economic Impact Payment. One of the steps might include filing a tax return as a “non-filer”, so that the IRS can have your information, calculate what is owed to you, and begin processing your payments.
Here are some useful resources:
• Economic Payment Finder.
• Article on why you may not have received your payment yet.
NOTE: If you were eligible for previous stimulus payments, but did not get them, you may be eligible to claim the “Recovery Rebate Credit” when you file your 2020 taxes.
If you need help with stimulus payment, you can contact CCHCC.
Thank you for your support!
You can help CCHCC by making a financial contribution to help support our work.
And you can also help forward our information to others in your network!
Champaign County Health Care Consumers