Approximately 125 community members turned out on Wednesday,May 26, 2010 for the Health Care Access Task Force’s Community Meeting on National Health Reform. Community members gathered information and learned how health reform will help them.
At the meeting we discussed:
• What provisions of health reform take effect this year
• What health reform means to you if you are currently insured
• What health reform means to you if you are currently uninsured
• What health reform means to you if you have Medicare
• What health reform means to you if you are a small business or non-profit employer or employee
• Local resources and programs for free and affordable health care
• Health reform implementation and the need for advocacy
Click here to download the flier (PDF).
Listen to the Public Square radio program from WILL AM 580 on health reform and gender discrimination.
Thank you to the co-sponsors of the meeting:
- The Prairie Center
- Illinois Disciples Foundation
- Provena Covenant Medical Center
- Avicenna Community Health Center
- Wesley United Methodist Church/Christian Social Action Ministry
Download the meeting materials here:
- Powerpoint Presenation
- Key Provisions of Health Reform that take Effect Immediately Factsheet
- Medicare & Health Reform Factsheet
- Small Business & Health Reform Factsheet
- Health Exchange Factsheet
- Insurance Subsidies Factsheet