June Update: We've got you covered!
You may not know that Champaign County Health Care Consumers (CCHCC) is the only organization in Champaign County that:
- Helped prepare our community for the expansion of health insurance under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) by holding annual Community Education Sessions to help educate consumers;
- Has been doing Medicaid and Marketplace enrollments continuously and without interruption (despite a lack of grant funding) since the Affordable Care Act's (ACA's) first Open Enrollment in 2013;
- Has trained, experienced and certified bi-lingual staff who can help consumers with enrollment, education, and counseling for any kind of health insurance, including All Kids, Medicaid, Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D, Marketplace plans, employee health insurance, and retiree health insurance;
- Works with consumers to not only help them get coverage, but to get the care that they need; and
- Makes our services available to anyone, regardless of income or age.
This means that anyone - young or old or in between; employed or unemployed; retired; low-income, middle-income, high income, or no income; currently insured or uninsured - can come to CCHCC and we will help them figure out what coverage is available to them, and we will help them get covered! Read more...
CCHCC Annual Awards Dinner - April 15, 2016
Champaign County Health Care Consumers (CCHCC) held our 39th Annual Awards Dinner on Friday, April 15, 2016, at the Hawthorn Suites Conference Center in Champaign.
CCHCC had an especially exciting and successful year in 2015, and this year's dinner was a celebration of our accomplishments and victories. Thank you to al of our sponsors and to the businesses who supported us through the Adbook. View the recap, with awards, photos, and videos!
February Update: Protect the Mahomet Aquifer!
Champaign County Health Care Consumers (CCHCC) needs your help and support in our ongoing efforts to protect the Mahomet Aquifer from the threat of toxic contamination. Protecting the Mahomet Aquifer is of the greatest importance because the Aquifer is our only source of water. When you turn on your faucet, you are getting water from the Mahomet Aquifer.
Despite recent significant victories in the effort to protect the Mahomet Aquifer from toxic waste, drinking water for more than 750,000 residents in 14 counties in Central Illinois is still under threat of contamination from toxic chemicals because of the greed of a single corporation - PDC/AREA Disposal, which owns the Clinton Landfill that sits above the Mahomet Aquifer. Check out CCHCC's February 2016 update.
August Update: CCHCC's Community Health Workers
Many of the clients who come to us at Champaign County Health Care Consumers (CCHCC) are often in desperate need of health care or prescriptions they cannot afford, including many seniors. Clients come to us scared, afraid that what they hope for and need is not possible. Frequently they are very sick and suffering, and they are very stressed.
The services our Community Health Workers provide change our clients’ lives in concrete and profound ways. Please read on to learn more about what our Community Health Workers do (some of it will surprise you!) and the work that your financial contribution helps make possible.